Orlando >Food & Dining > The Palm - Orlando
5800 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL | Directions 3281928.477199 -81.464852
Neighborhoods: Florida Center, Southwest
Upscale steakhouse rewards high-profile patrons by immortalizing their likenesses in colorful caricatures. – In Short
With its Italian-tinged menu and playful artwork on the walls, this national chain (which got its start in 1926) maintains a congenial atmosphere even as corporate patrons use company credit cards to pay for 36-ounce New York strips or jumbo lobsters. Sitting in dark wood chairs placed at tables topped in white linen, suit-jacketed gents and ladies sup on prime steaks, chops and hearty portions of classic Old World dishes like spaghettini marinara and veal piccata.
Great service – Service was great. I ordered the NY strip which was very flavorful. Order your stake one degree of doneness more than you normall y would I ordered Medium and it was Medium rare. Which I have learn since moving to FL you need to do here. My wife ordered the 3Lb lobster which was very mushy went it came to the table. Our waiter immediatly took it back to the kitchen and had another one prepared. The wait staff check your table often to make sure that you do not need any thing. Would not recommend the lobster in the future due to the cost. My wife has had more flavorful rock lobster tails than what we had here. The stakes are double aged and are worth the cost. We will keep on trying out other resturants in the area before we return to The Palm .
President and CEO – The issue was:
1. Noise in restaurant was so high that the server couldn't hear us and we her. My wife and I couldn't carry on a conversation as we couldn't hear each other.
2. Management did not resolve the problem to our satisfaction and was neithr receptive or sympathetic to our situation so we left.
3. I really couldn't comment to you about the food or the service because we didn't eat there. However, we have never been disappointed with our visits in New York or Atlanta.
4. We will not frequent this restaurant ever again in Orlando not because of the noise but for the way management mis-managed this situation; and given that their are many other options available why bother.
5. To put this all in perspective I am a Member of Palm's 837 club and am both surprised and disappointed.
Great bartender – The lounge area at the Palm is a great spot for relaxing. The head bartender, Matt, is awesome! He serves up the best Margarita in town, as well as interesting conversation. Matt alone is worth the trip to the lounge.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of The Palm - Orlando on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.